Friday 25 December 2009

Christmas Eve

I tried to take my pills in the correct order today. This meant waking up and taking two anti-nausea pills followed by seven of chemo. I had to take those on an empty stomach and with plenty of water. An hour later I took the normal daily pills and had my breakfast. My fingers and joints were very stiff this morning. I don't know if this is a side efect by my hands were very bad during the first month of treatment when I ended up in hospital. The morning went uneventfully. Sue was cooking and baking and I was unwelcome in the kitchen, so I retired somewhere quiet with the newspaper. I felt sleepy and a bit cold, so after a breakfast of bacon & egg sandwiches, shared with Chris who'd arrived home after driving 950 miles in the last 30 hours, through snow and ice, up to Glasgow and down to London, finishing in Leicester this morning. O for the energy and stamina of youth.
I took my second dose of chemo pills at lunchtime (only five of these) and, feeling cold and tired, fell asleep fully clothed, in bed. I reecall Jayne bringing me a cup of tea but when I woke it was late afternoon and the tea was cold.
After an evening of watching TV fully awake (my sleeping pattern is totally screwed) I decided that I ought to get to bed, so as to be at least semi-aware of events tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment