Sunday 29 November 2009

Sunday

Saturday just drifted into Sunday. I stayed in bed all day. Slept a bit, read a bit, slept a bit,etc. I found that I could keep toast down so I had toast several times with the highlight being scrambled egg on toast for my dinner. I woke up at about 3.30 this morning with a growling stomach. I got up and tried to drink some squash, then went downstairs. At about 5.00 the inevitable happened and I was sick. what happened then was strange. Sue had got up and was helping me clean up when I coughed as I was blowing my nose and something popped in my lower back.I fell to the floor to get some relief from the pain, which eventually eased enough for me to get up and go back to bed.
I took some anti-nausea pills before I went off to bed and they stayed down, so I felt confident enough to take my morning drugs at about ten o'clock and they've stayed down as well.
Half the problem is that I've been told to take plenty of liquid, but if I drink too much, my body rejects it. So how much is too much? How much is too little?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave, I'm sitting here crying whilst watching the X-Factor result show. After reading your blog it suddenly doesn't feel important who goes through & who doesn't! Life gets put into perspective. I hope you feel better, if there is anything we can do just let us know - take care we are both thinking of you. Love Tricia & Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave,
    Catching up with your blog and praying that you will feel better as the week goes on. You are never far from my thoughts and always in my prayers.I'm sure I speak for Colin also.
    We will call you soon.Much love and gentle hugs, our dear friend.
    Pat and Colin

    ReplyDelete