Sunday 22 November 2009

Sunday

It may be down to the fact that I had a late night on Friday night, (one can only stay in bed for so long), but Saturday left me drained. Some friends called in during the afternoon and stayed for an hour or so, but that shouldn't have left me feeling dog tired and going to bed at 6.00. I dropped straight off and slept until about midnight. I felt quite thirsty and recalling how I'd got quite ill through not drinking enough a few weeks ago, I got up and made a cuppa followed by some breakfast cereal.
I sat and watched TV and drank tea until the early hours and then went back to bed.

I woke at about ten o'clock with a sick headache, so my morning pills were bolstered by some paracetamol. Sue got up soon afterwards, and after visiting a friend for a cup of tea, bought a newspaper,leaving me to sit in the chair reading about the latest revelations of corruption in high places and infidelity everywhere else. It's true what they say about political sleaze. With the Tories, it's always about sex, with Labour it's always about money.
A couple of hundred years, when the average peasant was lucky to earn fifty pounds a year, they paid high court judges five thousand a year, in the belief that as they were so rich they couldn't be bought. Did it work? I don't know. Would it work today? Pay our politicians more so that they wouldn't fiddle their expenses? Somehow I don't think so.

I got up from the chair to go to the kitchen and had to hang on to the furniture as I felt quite dizzy. I felt like that when I was ill a few weeks ago, so i'll keep an eye on it. My temperature's fine, but I feel quite weak. I can't believe how tired I get when I do anything different from my normal routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment