Saturday 14 November 2009

Sat Nov 14th.

My urticaria keeps kicking in and it's driving me mad.Thanks goodness for hydrocortisone cream.

My friend Heather posted a card through my door yesterday. It was a painting of a Cornish fishing boat and inside the card she's written this:

"Be encouraged by the words of one of my favourite songs of all time!

Don't be surprised at all the trials you may be facing
But realise, there is a prize that's really worth chasing
It's your salvation, God is still good.

God is still good, he understands,
In every life, there is a plan.
He'll pick you up when you fall down
God is still good, God is still good.

To everything, there is a time, a place and a season
To every life, there is a rhyme, a race and a reason
Hold on to this, God is still good.

God is still good, in Him will I trust
God is still good, win lose or bust
Ashes to ashes, from dust to dust
God is still good, God is still good."


Which is a song I wrote about 10 years ago when I was working in a plastics factory making black dustbins and yellow builder's buckets. I lived with the song for 5 years before recording it on my "Ain't Quitting" CD, and the song was selected for constant airplay on a Christian radio station in the autumn of 2003.

Thanks Brian & Heather, for your card and kind thoughts and prayers.
Thank you everyone who emails me, sends cards, texts, and adds comments to the blog. I appreciate you all.

1 comment:

  1. Dave & Sue,
    I've always loved the message of your God is still good song. I praise the Lord that you are home my eternal friend. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
    Love and blessings always,
    Jerry Arhelger

    ReplyDelete