Sunday 14 March 2010

Sunday 14th March

It's almost six weeks since I had my last bout of chemo. My next course is due in about ten days.
Since the last round of chemo I've been laid low with a cold and spent almost a week in hospital. And I thought that I was getting better.
I was due to appear at a charity festival this weekend and sing a few songs. I had to pull out because I'm just not strong enough, and the doctors told me that my immune system won't cope with any infection at all.

I was fed up with that, but not as fed up as I was when the doctors told me that I won't be able to tour this summer.
Here are the dates: Assume I have my chemo next week, the third week in March, and I'm well enough to have the final course four weeks later, during the third week of April. That will only leave six weeks to the start of the tour. It has been six weeks since my last chemo. I know how I feel today, and with the best will in the world I can't see myself surviving thirty shows in six weeks, without all the travelling and humping gear. I'm gutted, and that's putting it mildly.

I've been playing my stick bass a lot, and I'm getting better at it. I decided to try my luck and play along to a concert dvd this evening as there was nothing on the TV. I'm knackered, and I was sitting down!

On the plus side, my temperature has remained normal all week, and I finished my antibiotics today. I'm hoping that this heralds the end of that vile taste in my mouth. My scleritis is responding to the eye drops, although I hate applying the drops.

I'm housebound again, except for one trip to the eye clinic this wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave,
    Been playing some of your cd's today - thinking about you and Sue. Both Colin and I are praying that you will be feeling better soon and can only imagine how disappointed you must be about the tour. (Though I did think that thirty shows in six weeks would be tough for the fittest)
    Just want to encourage you to remain positive in all this and know you are loved.
    God bless,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete