Tuesday 29 June 2010

Tuesday 29th June

I went back to the hospital again this morning for another blood test and a consultation. It appears that my platelet count is still dropping and they don't know why. The white cells have responded to the injections I had last week and are back to normal.

I'm not sure what to make of it all. I'm feeling well enough to continue touring, subject to keeping rested and my throat infectection has cleared up. So I'll continue with the tour, starting tomorrow in Washington, Tyne & Wear. This weekend's shows are all local.

Next week would have been a good time to have my final dose of chemo, although there was some discussion as to whether I'd need it. However the low platelet count has put paid to any chemotherapy for a couple of weeks.

I now have to return to the clinic on Mon 19th July, with the possibility of starting treatment that afternoon. If that happens then I have to continue the course of chemo while I am away on tour in the North East, and I'm not looking forward to that at all.

Very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment