Saturday 1 May 2010

Saturday 1st May

I've been feeling much better as the week has progressed. I've cut the grass and taken a trip into town without any ill effects. My temperature has remained normal. Maybe it's the warmer weather.

My last bout of chemo was during the first week of February, which is over three months ago.
My muscles ache, especially my lower back, but I suspect that is more to do with lack of exercise than anything else. I'm looking forward to getting fitter.

My friend Jerry Arhelger and I toured the UK a couple of years ago, playing churches and clubs and meeting a lot of people. During our conversations he used to refer to his "chemo brain" and I know what he means. I lost the ability to concentrate on anything, and it's only gradually returning.
I always said that mental work was as tiring as physical labour, and these last six months have brought that home to me. I'm struggling to concentrate enough to play my guitar and sing for more than a few minutes at a time. I'm hoping for the all-clear in a week's time and want to play some part in Nicki Gillis' UK tour, which starts in mid June.

However, the idea of me driving a couple of hundred miles and playing bass for a couple of hours afterwards still seems very optimistic. But I'm hopeful we can work something out. My son Chris is lined up to drive the van and carry the kit.

Let's hope that Monday week brings good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment