Wednesday 14 April 2010

Wednesday 14th April

The doctors who are treating me tell me that the particular combinations of drugs that they are giving me play havoc with my immune system.
You can say that again.

My cough has returned with a vengeance. It's called pharyngitis or something like that. I don't have a sore throat as such, just a cough that won't clear anything. All the coughing gives me a headache. It used to be an annual affair, but this is the second or third time I've had it this year.
The last time I ended up in hospital being pumped full of antibiotics.
I keep ruuning through what might have caused it. Last week I spent some time in the garden and even managed to cut the grass (although it needs doing again). That might have set it off.

I've not had any chemo treatment since the beginning of February and there's a chance I won't be having any next week either. This delay keeps pushing back the date when I can resume "normal" life, whatever that is.
As it is, I'm sitting still because movement sets me coughing,and I'm monitoring my temperature every couple of hours.
It's life, but not as we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment