Friday 12 February 2010

Friday 12th February

Another week gone. It's getting lighter so Spring's on the way. However, it's not getting any warmer.
I managed a couple of trips this week. I went into work for an hour or two, just to catch up. I can't believe how tired I was afterwards. I slept for more than 12 hours!
I also had to get my blood pressure measured. My BP has been high for about a month, and I was prescribed pills to lower it, with the instructions to visit my GP and have it measured. It should have occured last Monday. I was still very weak from the chemo so didn't get there until Wednesday. Unfortunately the surgery was closed for training.
I went to the eye clinic today for a check up. I persuaded them to measure my BP. I'm pleased to say that it's back to normal. And I was discharged from the eye clinic.

I collected my stick bass from my friend's and have started to practice playing it. It's quite different from my other instruments. It's fretless and you can't use a plectrum. (It's an electric version of a double bass btw). I've had a fascination with the instrument since I was a child. I love the tuneful thud it makes. I'm a bit late to try and emulate my favourite bass player Danny Thompson, who's been playing for fifty years or more, but I'll give it a go.

Le't's see what the next few days bring. As long as it's not snow.
My next appointments are on March 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment