Tuesday 24 August 2010

Tuesday August 24th


It's a week since my last post and my mouth hasn't improved so I rang the hospital yesterday and was called in for a blood test today.
I was squeezed on to the end of a very busy clinic and luckily didn't haveto wait too long before I was called.
I explained that I was going on holiday at the weekend and needed assurance that I wasn't carrying an infection that could cause problems. The doctor looked at my blood test results which were generally good, although the neutrafils were a bit low. This apparently explains why I'm getting a sore mouth. I've had a look on t'internet and there's quite a lot on the forums, so I'm going to have to read up.

He prescribed me some green mouthwash which has an analgesic effect. I have to use it four times a day for the next four weeks. I will also have to brush my teeth more often and avoid cutting my gums if I floss.
All in all it's a whole new oral hygeine regime change.

On holiday in a few days. Can't wait!
Chris is supervising the new kitchen installation while we're gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment