Tuesday 3 August 2010

Tuesday 3rd August


It's almost a year since I was bitten by a sheep tick, which started this whole new phase of my life. I was diagnosed with CLL last September and I was due to have six courses of chemotherapy over the following six months.
In the event (you can read all about it on this blog) I've only yesterday begun the sixth and final course.

I had a blood test which confirmed the current status of my blood cells, which have improved over the last month or so. I had my Rituximab via a drip yesterday and I've taken the first dose of the other two drugs today. I expect to be a bit low for the next week or so (although last time in May I sailed through, so who knows?)

We go on holiday a couple of weeks after that. I've been booked for another bone marrow test and CT scan in October, with another consultation in November.
The doctor seems quite optomistic about the length of remission I can expect.

In the next few months I will have to decide whether to go back to work full time or part time. This will depend on whether I can get any benefits. We will also have to look at other financial matters.

But in the meantime I can look back on a fun tour with Nicki. It was hard work at times but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I should point out that I never received any payment at all for my services, as I considered it to be part of my rehabilitation.

The next week or two may be uncomfortable, but then I have a holiday to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment